From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-19 09:09:51

Stefan Slapeta wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> I spent most of yesterday and today trying to figure this problem out.
>> What it boiled down to was the "errno" use in the std::log10 function.
>> But that wasn't the real problem... The reason it gives the above
>> error is that when building certain tests like serialization and
>> threads the library was using the multi-threaded runtime while the
>> Boost.Test was using single-threaded runtime. Which needles to say is
>> a very bad thing of the build system to do. Much time later I managed
>> to track down the problem in the build system and fix.
>>
> > [...]
>
> Thanks for your efforts! What is the "common" runtime they are using
> now? Is it single or multithreaded or is it the one specified for the
> test case?

It's the one required by the test. In the case of Boost.Thread tests
it's both multi-threaded-static-link and multi-threaded-dynamic-link.
The bug was that the test would specify those but the libraries would
specify another and the Boost.Build was not correctly imposing the one
the test wanted.

> There is one point which gets more and more important for me: What about
> potential differences between release/debug or single/multithreaded
> configurations? Shouldn't we run tests for all of them?

We probably should, and for cw-8.3 we do. Metacomm runs the usual debug
versions, which includes single and multi threaded. While the ones I run
are release.

And what I would suggest is that for people that are running "duplicate"
tests. To coordinate to have some run debug and others release.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything