From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-29 02:25:46

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:

>>Markus Schöpflin wrote:
>>
>>>After I finally got the regression tests running again on my machine, I
>>>would like to figure out, why most of the python tests are failing. For
>>>an example error message see http://tinyurl.com/46he3 .
>>>
>>>Has anybody any idea as to where I should start looking for this?

>>This causes an infinite recursion. As far as I know, boost.python should
>>work on this platform, so does this ring a bell with anybody?
>
> I just checked out the latest CVS (HEAD) and all tests compile here using our
> build system (scons). All test run fine except for the numpy test (?).
> For completeness: I'm not compiling the tests that are expected to fail with
> compiler errors.

Could you please post the exact compiler command line you are using to
compile and link one of the python tests? Are you using v41 of the
compiler, too?

> Markus, are you still using -model ansi? We had to back this option out because
> the binaries compiled with -model ansi didn't run on 3rd-party platforms due to
> missing or incompatible runtime libraries.

I'm using the out-of-the-box current boost state. And yes, this includes
-model ansi. But I'm pretty sure that this isn't the problem because I
always had these errors since I first tried boost.python, I just never got
around debugging them.

Markus