From: Angus Leeming (angus.leeming_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-30 06:07:09

Eric Niebler wrote:

> Joel de Guzman and I, with the help of many smart folks on the
> boost-docs list[*], have been working on improving the look-n-feel of
> Boost's documentation. We're ready to commit the new style, but wanted
> to check here first.
>
> Volodya was good enough to put up a copy of Boost's docs with the new
> style applied. You can preview them here:
> http://zigzag.lvk.cs.msu.su/~ghost/boost_docs/
>
> Please say whether you like the new style or not. If not, be specific
> about why.

I tried it with the text-only browser lynx. In general all looks perfectly
readable, but I do notice one strangeness: snippets of code which should
have a larger left margin than the text actually have no left margin at
all. Eg:
$ lynx
http://zigzag.lvk.cs.msu.su/~ghost/boost_docs/program_options.tutorial.html#id500628

Cut and paste from that page gives a fair view of how it is rendered by
lynx:

Getting Started

   The first example is the simplest possible: it only handles two
   options. Here's the source code (the full program is in
   "example/first.cpp"):
// Declare the supported options.
po::options_description desc("Allowed options");
desc.add_options()
    ("help", "produce help message")
    ("compression", po::value<int>(), "set compression level")
;

This isn't a problem of your new stylesheet in particular. The same
behaviour is found when using the .css file in boost cvs. However, it
would be nice if this could be improved.

Regards,
Angus