From: Brian Braatz (brianb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-15 12:11:21

> On Behalf Of Michael van der Westhuizen
> >>
> >>Can you compae it with Database Template Library
> >>http://dtemplatelib.sourceforge.net/index.htm
> >>?
> >

> > Just an FYI here- I recently evaluated the DTL and it uses RTTI
> > internally-
>
> Thoughts on OTL?
>
> http://otl.sourceforge.net/
>
> I've used it a few times, and it's extremely capable.
>
> Michael

Thanks for the link- that is very interesting. It looks like I can get
what I need from it.

IN rough comparison, it looks like the MYSQL++ library may be a bit more
"normal" looking to DB developers who are used to disconnected
recordsets, but it looks like the OTL libraries have far greater power.

At the end of the day- I believe that a balance between "recordset"-ish
model of MYSQL++ and the power of OTL would be a good combination.

A library is not useful if it is too hard to get up to speed on OR too
terribly different from what people are used to.