From: Maciej Sobczak (prog_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-15 13:50:35

Hi,

Brian Braatz wrote:

> At the end of the day- I believe that a balance between "recordset"-ish
> model of MYSQL++ and the power of OTL would be a good combination.
>
> A library is not useful if it is too hard to get up to speed on OR too
> terribly different from what people are used to.

Just to stirr up a little bit:

http://www.msobczak.com/prog/soci/

This library aims at simple usage patterns, where intuitive and almost
"embedded" syntax at at premium. A very different approach from those
you discuss, but in fact complementary and can be merged with other
approaches.

(the code is to be modified a little bit, but what is available at the
moment works fine with Visual C++ 7.1 and g++ 3.2)

Programming    : http://www.msobczak.com/prog/