From: Steve Hutton (shutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-16 18:35:37

On 2004-10-15, Maciej Sobczak <prog_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> http://www.msobczak.com/prog/soci/
>
> This library aims at simple usage patterns, where intuitive and almost
> "embedded" syntax at at premium. A very different approach from those
> you discuss, but in fact complementary and can be merged with other
> approaches.

As someone who has used odbc, jdbc, dbtools, sqlapi, otl, occi, etc.,
this looks very nice to me. Further, the relative simplicity suggests
it would be straightforward to implement for the leading databases.

C++ really lacks a free, uniform, portable solution for rdbms access.
Having like this library in boost would be *huge*, IMHO.

One way to proceed might be to submit this a boost::db, while
acknowledging that more sophisticated bells and whistles can
be submitted separately later, either as enhancements to the
base boost::db or as separate (but dependent) libraries.

Steve