From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-18 23:47:15

I think you should spend a little more time investigating the following:

a) The "vault" files section has code by A Barbati which addresses issue
related to unicode.
b) Ron Garcia contributed codecvt facets for unicode that have been
incorporated into boost are currently used by two boost libraries
(serialization and program options.)
c) asni library functions exist for converting strings and characters
to/from wstrings/wchar s in accordance with the currently selected locale.
Not all libraries implement these functions however.

So its not clear to me what exactly needs to be done here - other than
fixing up some older stdandard libraries. I don't think that's what you had
in mind.

Of course, I'm not exactly sure what you propose to do in your library other
than the above so these observations might not be relevant. On the other
hand, if you want more project ideas, I'm sure we could come up with lots of
suggestions.

Robert Ramey