From: Erik Wien (wien_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-04 19:47:49

Hi. I just thought I would post a little update on what's happpening with
the Unicode library I started a thread about a little while ago. (I
apologize for not replying as much as I should have done in that thread, but
I have been completely buried in work lately, and simply haven't had the
time. =\ )

My college (HiG) has now basically approved the project as a bachelors
thesis (at least for the time being), and it is looking very likely that we
will go through with it. There's one little snag though. HiG would like to
have one person from the boost community functioning as a "contact person"
for the project. I'm not sure exactly what kind of workload that imply for
such a person (I will try to find out very soon), but I am fairly certain it
will just be a matter of answering a few e-mails from them from time to
time. After all, the main development will be done in collaboration with the
community as a whole, and not that single person. What I basically want to
know is, would anyone out there like to take on that resposibillity? I don't
think this is an absolute requirement for final approval, but it sure would
help! =)

Let me just finish off by thanking for all comments you guys made in my
first thread. I'm in the process of compiling a list of all the things you
pointed out there, and I will most certainly take everything said into
concideration when the development (hopefully) gets on the way.

As always... Any comments are welcome! ;)

Regards
- Erik