From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-06 03:34:16

On 11/4/04 7:47 PM, "Erik Wien" <wien_at_[hidden]> wrote:

[SNIP]
> My college (HiG) has now basically approved the project as a bachelors
> thesis (at least for the time being), and it is looking very likely that we
> will go through with it. There's one little snag though. HiG would like to
> have one person from the boost community functioning as a "contact person"
> for the project. I'm not sure exactly what kind of workload that imply for
> such a person (I will try to find out very soon), but I am fairly certain it
> will just be a matter of answering a few e-mails from them from time to
> time. After all, the main development will be done in collaboration with the
> community as a whole, and not that single person. What I basically want to
> know is, would anyone out there like to take on that resposibillity? I don't
> think this is an absolute requirement for final approval, but it sure would
> help! =)
[TRUNCATE]

it to simultaneously be his college thesis.]

Would taking on this project be the best idea for Boost? We wouldn't be
able to help Erik too much to prevent accusations of cheating. But what
happens if Erik proceeds too slowly for someone? They can always do their
own Boost Unicode project, but that may bring up the cheating problem.
Basically our Unicode needs will be locked into Erik hands, and neither
assistance nor competition can occur unless Erik withdraws the project from
either Boost or his college.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie