From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-22 09:23:06

% CC -V
CC: Sun WorkShop 6 update 2 C++ 5.3 Patch 111685-20 2004/03/19

Sorry, I should have been testing this toolset earlier in the release
process, but now that the official 1.32.0 is out and I've tried
building it with the crufty old Sun CC, I've encountered a handful of
errors and perhaps two valid warnings.

The first is in date_time. It appears that Rogue Wave's
std::locale::facet has an undocumented abstract virtual method
__get_id. Attached is a patch which adds this method when building
with SUNPRO_CC and RWSTD. This may be better done with some BOOST_*
config macros, I'm not sure.

There are several other errors in filesystem, program_options,
serialization, and signals which manifest themselves as errors
resolving overloads of iterator_traits. I'm attaching the output from
my build as I'm unsure how to address these issues.

Also, in archive/impl/basic_xml_grammar.hpp, the compiler warns that
the StringType typedef is not accessible from the public interface of
basic_xml_grammar (e.g. in the return_values struct). Making this one
typedef public fixes this issue.

Finally, the compiler warns about the "static" being anachronistic in
boost_1_32_0/boost/smart_cast.hpp, lines 264 and 292 (the free
functions smart_cast and smart_cast_reference). I think the compiler
may actually be correct - what purpose does "static" serve here?

I know this is a crufty toolset, but this code (at least date_time and
filesystem) used to build with 1.31.0.

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com