From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-22 09:46:35

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:23:06 -0500, Caleb Epstein wrote
> % CC -V
> CC: Sun WorkShop 6 update 2 C++ 5.3 Patch 111685-20 2004/03/19
>
> Sorry, I should have been testing this toolset earlier in the release
> process, but now that the official 1.32.0 is out and I've tried
> building it with the crufty old Sun CC, I've encountered a handful of
> errors and perhaps two valid warnings.

Yes, it would've been better to do this before the release -- honestly I'm
suprised you've been using Sun Workshop and Boost -- I was under the
impression that everyone that tried this gave up in frustration and used g++.

> The first is in date_time. It appears that Rogue Wave's
> std::locale::facet has an undocumented abstract virtual method
> __get_id. Attached is a patch which adds this method when building
> with SUNPRO_CC and RWSTD. This may be better done with some BOOST_*
> config macros, I'm not sure.

I'll try and take a look at this and check it in over the next few days...

> I know this is a crufty toolset, but this code (at least date_time
> and filesystem) used to build with 1.31.0.

It would really help if we had a regression test runner for Solaris tools
(hint, hint)-- that way we could see what works and what doesn't...

Jeff