From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-23 10:59:06

David Abrahams wrote:
> David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> writes:
>

>>>Funny what one has to take into account!
>>>
>>>(sorry that the only feedback I give to this discussion is not quite
>>>constructive but I'm just too busy at the moment)
>>
>>Destroying the chance of having anything reminiscent of the S.S. in
>>conjunction with Boost is quite constructive!
>

> Actually, that was pretty easy to fix.
>
> Here are a couple of possibilities, along with some "widgets" that
> were inspired by the ">>" marks in one of Rene's recent pages.
>
> http://www.luannocracy.com/logo-widget.png

Sorry to disappoint you. I didn't follow the thread (like
I ignore all of the design discussion) but accidently I
clicked on the link. I *immediately* associated the s in the
logo with the swastika symbol as used by the Nazis.

Neo-Nazis in Germany and elsewhere produce a lot of symbols
that resemble the "original"[*] Nazi symbol more or less
directly; this includes softening the edges or reducing
the number of arms in the symbol by 1 or 2.

Btw, the third of the small blue C++ logos resembles a
Christian fish symbol. I wouldn't be fond of that kind
of connotation either.

Regards,

[*] I'm aware of the fact that the symbol is much older than
     any Nazi. Hence the quotes around 'original'.