From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-26 11:23:13

Rene Rivera <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Beman Dawes wrote:
>
>>Is anyone keeping a list of the more likely candidates?
>
> I've been saving all the posts, not that it does others much good :-)
> As you probably noticed rockets are the dominating concept so far.
>
> But to help keep track of things here's a wiki page...
>
> http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?BoostLogo
>
> Only some minor comments, and two of my own submissions on it (new
> ones). I can't rightfully post other peoples work, so others should
> add to the wiki their own images. And additional notes and ideas.

I think the requirement that

  "Logo should be recognizable in small 16x16 pixel size. It will
   eventually need to be a favicon."

is overly restrictive. I note that even Microsoft, who invented
favicons, isn't using them.

It's possible to think of making some key element of the logo into
favicon without fitting the whole thing in there, and 16x16 puts some
severe limitations on what can be expressed.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting