From: Alan Gutierrez (alan-boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-22 16:16:51

    I'd like to take some time and study what has gone before.

    If I think of a list of successful windowing libraries the
    following come to mind.

    http://www.torjo.com/win32gui/
    http://www.wxwindows.org/
    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/
    http://www.tcl.tk/
    http://www.trolltech.com/
    http://developer.apple.com/cocoa/

    I plan on having the documentation for these windowing libraries
    on hand, as well as the source code, where available.

    I've advocated the use of a CSS layout component to render
    the View-Controller aspect in fashion that is cross-platform and
    i18n. This is my pet, so I'm interested in reading through
    existing web browser work.

    http://mozilla.org/
    http://www.konqueror.org/features/browser.php
    http://developer.apple.com/darwin/projects/webcore/
    https://xhtmlrenderer.dev.java.net/

    I'm sharing these thoughts to see if anyone has must see, must
    consider projects to suggest. Maybe by looking at these lists
    someone can tell me if I'm totally missing a concept.

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan_at_[hidden]