From: Joel (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-26 22:44:22

christopher diggins wrote:

>> Anyway, I would
>> suggest for you to stop comparing apples and oranges and just
>> provide a rationale based on the merits of your library alone.
>

> I didn't mean to compare an apple to an orange.
>
>> IMHO, comparisons to spirit will be meaningless if you are not
>> at all familiar with it.
>

> For the record, because I don't want to be misrpresented as someone who
> has not made the effort to learn Spirit, I did spend 8 to 10 hours
> studying the documentation, after which I wrote a few examples with Spirit.

Ehmm... I do not think 8 to 10 hours of study is enough to make
a valid comparative analysis. This is also the very reason why
I chose not to compare Spirit with YACC, PCCTS, RDP etc. As much
as I hate language wars like "hey C# is a lot better than C++",
I also dislike library wars. Often, such discussions degenerate
into meaningless "hey, X can do this, Y can't". Yeah, right ;-)

>> Well, good luck!
>

> Thank you, and congratulations on implementing such a successful and
> powerful tool.

Thanks. Again, good luck!

Regards,

--