From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-28 12:38:33

At 10:34 AM 12/28/2004, Alan Gutierrez wrote:

> !~ In any case, I'm getting ready to wind down my participation in
> these discussions, because I don't think there is much interest
> here for a UI library, ...

Be careful. Assessing interest is harder than it looks. (1) Because of the
holidays, some of the boost regulars haven't been doing much posting. I
know I've been totally distracted with non-boost activities, and didn't
even check email for several days. (2) Even direct queries regarding
interest in some library often draw responses from only three or four
people. It isn't realistic to expect large numbers of responses unless a
query is controversial. (3) Assessing interest based on responses to
technical discussions may not be the best way. A separate message devoted
only to the question of interest would be better.

--Beman