From: Brian Braatz (brianb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-01 15:50:28

;)

> It'd be fantastic if all the issues I brought up with wxWidgets were
> addressed and we ensured that it worked well with the other boost
> libraries.
>
> Is there anything anyone else wants or needs that wxWidgets couldn't
> supply?

[Brian Braatz] I have been watching this whole thread closely, and just
wanted to send out a mail in support of the idea of collaboration.

I have written many UI Frameworks ON TOP of things like MFC and OWL, and
even just writing something ON TOP Of one of those things is a huge
task. In one case this was my primary job for several years.

It is one of those things where to get something demo-able is easy. But
"Completing" it is a different issue entirely. If you look at all the
fundamental issues discussed in this thread, i.e. do we have our own
point coordination system etc, you can see that there is more here than
meets the eye.

I will end my thoughts here with the (repeated) suggestion that making a
thin layer above the current WxWindows will allow for a Boost.Gui in a
short timeframe that has an incredible API interface.

:)

Brian