From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-08 13:31:08

At 09:36 AM 1/8/2005, Martin wrote:

>(I know that "Currency" received 0 votes at the OOPSALA conference but
>maybe someone is interested anyway)
>
>I have implemented a type for handling decimal math ...

How does your decimal library compare to Bill Seymore's library that we
reviewed some time ago?

With the C and C++ committee's working on a decimal arithmetic technical
report, have you considered how your library will support future decimal
types that come out of that effort? Since at least one major vendor (IBM)
apparently intends to support the proposed decimal types in hardware, the
new types may be a lot faster on some platforms than decimal types which do
not have hardware support.

--Beman