From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-22 15:11:36

> I find Boost Test very valuable and use on a regular basis. I think that
it
> would be even more useful if it had the following additional features:
>
> a) automatic heap checking for memory leaks for libraries that can support
> it.

I am working on update that will include what you requested (VC specific)

> b) the ability to create a temporary fstream with a unique name in a safe
> way.

Could you give me more dtailes on that: what the problem, why it needs
framework to resolve it e.t.c.

> c) The ability to specify an execution time limit so that if the program
> goes off into space it doesn't waste an in ordinate amount of time.
> (perhaps this would be easier to include in bjam)

You could specify a timeout for the test case.

> d) The abtility to specify a maximum amount of memory to be allocated.
When
> this allocation is passed, the program would terminate.

This require custom memory manager facility. I do need it but it's not
amoung first things I plan to do.

> e) Currently, all tests compiled with borland compilers fail immediatly
when
> the program and library are built in release mode. I would like to see
this
> fixed. I did spend a little time trying to track this down but was
> unsuccessful.

It's not that trivial to find a release mode specific issue. I will try to
resolve it next update though. BTW how do you compile test in a release
mode?

> f) A more tutorial type manual.

That's for sure. Unfortunately I have a quete a backlog for features to
implement/fix and writing docs taking enourmouse amount of time/efforts. So,
you figure it out. There are couple articles online already. I will try to
do something but I couldn't promise definetly.

> Robert Ramey

Gennadiy