From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-29 11:13:19

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 10:52:26 -0500, Gennadiy Rozental wrote
> > It's not that obvious from the docs, but you have types like
> boost::int32_t,
> > boost::uint32_t, etc.
> >
> > > Is there support in boost? Is anything planned?
> >
> > Beyond the above, not that I'm aware.
>
> I presume that Serialization library may support platform
> independent value store/restore

It would have to be done in conjunction with the aforementioned types in a
text or xml archive. There is no portable binary archive for serialization.
Although a binary archive was prototyped during the review it has not been
finalized and included in the library -- and I don't think there is any plan
to do so.

Jeff