From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-29 11:38:37

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

>>>You could specify a timeout for the test case.
>>
>>where do I do that? it would seem to me that this would have to be done by
>>bjam or by a separate thread in the test library. (probably not a great
>>idea)
>

> You could specify timeout in a call test_suite::add( test_case*,
> expected_failures, timeout )

Maybe people consider the following an isolated situation not worth
accommodating generally, but it really would have been convenient to
have been able to have per-file compilation time limits in bjam during
the (aborted) attempt to get tests to run in release mode on the mac.
Memory size limits could also be good... of course on unix you can set
these in the shell before you run bjam, but people wouldn't think to and
funky behaviour could slip through. Don't know how this all works on
windows. Just a FWIW...

troy d. straszheim