From: John Torjo (john.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-04 04:12:13

> To put it bluntly, my point is that they are somebody's pet features
> (not necessarily yours, mind you), as opposite to functionality to
> support widely accepted, idiomatic usage. 'iterator_range' is too
> important to let it get greased with pet features.

Perhaps Aleksey is right. Your iterator_range is a concept different
from mine. For instance, allowing ++pre, could beg for post++, and then
(for bidirectional ranges) for --, and so on. As well for -- and such.
Also, offering operator* would beg for operator->

However, the way I see it, if rangelib makes it into boost, at a later
time, we might be able to merge these two libs.

Best,
John

--
John Torjo,    Contributing editor, C/C++ Users Journal
-- "Win32 GUI Generics" -- generics & GUI do mix, after all