From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-05 14:48:11

Martin Wille wrote:
> [...]
> 800 MB is a lot more than Boost's size.
> Could it be you downloaded all revisions of Boost?
>
> If the tool that was used to create the SVN repository uses
> a layout similar to what is proposed in the SVN book and if
> the tools created tags analogue to what was present in the
> CVS then you should checkout the /trunk subdirectory for
> getting the head revision only. If you omit the /trunk then
> you get all versions ever tagged.

Heh, that's a good point. That's what I did just now, and it is
indeed a very large download. It can be handy to have local
copies of multiple branches if you want to do diffs and stuff,
but most people probably don't need every branch and tag ever
created. I'm sure just checking out the trunk is very similar
in speed to CVS.

Dave