From: Julio M. Merino Vidal (jmmv84_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-21 15:29:44

I'm not replying to any particular reply to my original message because
I want to address them all at once.

First of all, I have started to write a little document listing all the
requirements for the library. I'm focusing on my initial ideas and on
all the interesting comments you've made.

Then I need to learn more about Boost.Thread (mainly to see if its
design could be appropriate to the process management library) and
Boost.Iostreams (which should be used to ease handling input and
output). Also it'll be worth to look at all the existing libraries
you've mentioned.

In fact, what I had in mind is quite simpler than what some people
would like to see in the lib. But after reading your comments, I
realize that it'd be worth to add the features you request.

WRT my existing code... well, better forget about it (somebody asked
for it, or at least some documentation regarding its interface). It
is not worth using (I was going to refactor it anyway). Better to start
the design from scratch, get it powerful and correct, and then implement
it (which should be the easiest part).

I'll let you know when I have a somewhat decent document that lists
all the required features in detail as well as some design ideas to get
some feedback. (Dunno when that'll be though; my time is probably going
to be limited from now on...)

Anyway, thanks for all your great comments!

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84_at_[hidden]>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/