From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-24 21:22:26

At 03:04 PM 2/22/2005, Brandon Kohn wrote:
>I'm glad there is some interest. I've already begun implementing it (will
be

>testing it with GMP). I noticed (I think 3) implementations of
big_integer
>classes in the yahoo group files section. None of them has ripened into a

>solid library so far? Or are they just not entirely compatible with
>boost::rational?

My guess is that no one wanted to put the time in to polish their
preliminary efforts enough to get ready for a review.

By the way, Michiel Salters has proposed a big integer class for the next
C++ standard library technical report. See
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2005/n1744.pdf

It isn't clear to me if his proposal represents actual existing practice,
or is just a strawman proposal.

--Beman