From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-01 01:24:04

Pavel Vozenilek wrote:
> "Jonathan Turkanis" wrote:
>
> [snip]
>> I think the review should be extended. If you do so,
>> I will commit to writing a
>> review, even though I don't know much about FSMs.
>>
> I asked Tom. It is likely.
>
> Thanks for interest!
>
>> I have not read the FSM reviews yet, but unfortunately IMO even if
>> all the reviews are very favorable there simply have not been enough
>> yet to justify
>> accepting a medium sized library. It looks to me like only four
>> people other
>> than you and Andreas have posted on FSM so far.
>>
> The FSM was discussed _a lot_ in the past on this mail-list
> and Usenet so I expected similar feedback now.
>
> Perhaps it could be interpreted: as the library reached
> mature state where everybody's happy enough.

I hope so. But we should hear from more of the people who participated in the
preliminary discussions. As review manager, perhaps you could send emails to the
people who participated, and see if you can coax some of them into submitting
reviews.

> And its not new - for example most
> of Serialization discussions happened before
> review. Similarly with multi-index container.

Even so, a large number of people participated in the second review, and there
was significant volume of messages.

Jonathan