From: Ulrich Eckhardt (uli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-02 17:03:10
* thread_exception::message() is broken beyond repair, as it
returns a pointer to local storage (via std::string::c_str())
* any program using it is broken, too.
* it is unused by boost itself(!) which is why it can be removed
* it is the only reason why a helper-function 'system_message()'
is needed, which can then be removed, too.
* system_message() is the only reason several headers and a hack
for strerror() were needed, which can then also be removed.
* system_message() requires a char-based API on win32, which
is not available under MS Windows CE, strerror() is also not
available there, making two more reasons to remove it.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk