From: Ulrich Eckhardt (uli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-03 13:31:23

Short update:
I have another patch here, this time against read_write_mutex.cpp, featuring
another unused function. The other good news is that I have Boost threads
running on a MIPS based embedded system, running on top of MS Windows CE.

Changes by this patch:
- _sntprintf() uses '%s' for TCHAR strings (char/wchar_t, depends on
_UNICODE), while the arguments are always char strings. There is
'%S' (capital S!) for the opposite character type. MSC, C99 and SUSv2 disagree
in that aspect.
- use the same tactic as for TryEnterCriticalSection to determine presence of
IsDebuggerPresent() at runtime, so the same lib can run on older systems too
and still leverage newer features.
- fixed incorrect use of sn[w]printf() for cases the buffer is too small
- increased buffer size to a more sensible value (format string ~50, func ~30,
file ~MAX_PATH/255, expr ~60)
- added newline to message
- move boost_error from global namespace to anonymous one
- some parts rather depend on the win32 API, not on whether one uses
winthreads or pthreads
- split off the non-win32 version for better readability

However, this whole patch is not even necessary because the whole function is
not used (tip: grep for boost_error, this reveals another unused one!). My
success above with the MIPS board were made with the code removed, once I saw
that the whole thing is not necessary I didn't bother testing it. Yes, I
first rewrote the whole thing before realising that it is unused.

Uli