From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamgroupstrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-21 19:17:06

Jonathan Turkanis wrote:

>>> Why not? That would be the main point.
>>
>> I don't understand. A list of alternate techniques would show that
>> none of these techniques satisfies the requirements but it doesn't
>> say anything why the current FSM implementation performs worse than
>> any of these techniques.
>
> You don't just list the techniques. You explain them and summarize
> their performance characteristics.

That's what I meant. This will still not show how "good" the current
design is. It will only show that the current design satisfies
requirements that other designs don't and explain the techniques (and
performance characteristics) I have chosen to satisfy the requirements.
Whether those techniques are the best performance-wise is a completely
different matter.

--
Andreas Huber
from the address shown in the header.