From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-01 22:45:26

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 22:20:39 -0500, Douglas Gregor wrote
> On Apr 1, 2005, at 8:46 PM, Beman Dawes wrote:
> > Being able to cycle tests quickly on all three
> > platforms really does speed multi-platform development.
> > If we put Boost's collective mind to it, perhaps we can come up with a
> > way
> > to cycle tests much more quickly. I suspect we can find the machine
> > resources,
>
> OSL has two x86 Linux boxes we can spare (and should be usable in a
> week or so). I'm thinking one of them can be an interactive testing
> farm and perhaps the other can be set up for "continuous" testing,
> e.g., each time a CVS commit is performed [1], regression tests are
> re-run [2] and the results posted immediately (potentially coupled
> with a script that automatically complains to the committer, as I've
> mentioned before).

I notice that the Rudbek and Laru tests are running several times a day (thx
guys). This makes it much faster to see VC results -- very helpful for
someone like me that is gcc centric. Seems like by providing a smaller number
of compilers they can cycle faster than some of the bigger testing farms.

I'm hoping I'll get a chance to setup a Linux machine here that can run some
'release mode' gcc tests for the 1.33 release push. It will be a week or so
before I get time to try it though...

Jeff