From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-01 23:20:20

Douglas Gregor wrote:

> On Apr 1, 2005, at 8:46 PM, Beman Dawes wrote:
>
>> Being able to cycle tests quickly on all three
>> platforms really does speed multi-platform development.
>> If we put Boost's collective mind to it, perhaps we can come up with a
>> way
>> to cycle tests much more quickly. I suspect we can find the machine
>> resources,
>

> OSL has two x86 Linux boxes we can spare (and should be usable in a week
> or so). I'm thinking one of them can be an interactive testing farm and
> perhaps the other can be set up for "continuous" testing, e.g., each
> time a CVS commit is performed [1], regression tests are re-run [2] and
> the results posted immediately (potentially coupled with a script that
> automatically complains to the committer, as I've mentioned before).
>
> [1] Actually, it should wait about 5 minutes so that other related
> commits can get into the repository first.
> [2] Of course, if a test is already running then the re-run request
> should be queued.

And you just describe what Buildbot does :-)

The basic functionality for mine has been running this week without
problems: http://build.redshift-software.com:9990/ -- And I'll be adding
things like posting result, individual running of tests, and selection
of tests to run this weekend.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything