From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-02 07:25:44

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Peter Dimov <pdimov_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Sábado, Abril 2, 2005 1:03 pm
Asunto: [boost] Comments on functional/hash

> First of all, nice work!
>
> On headers:
>
> * boost::hash defined in <boost/functional/hash.hpp>
>
> Usually (when the number of top-level headers is small) we follow
> the rule
> that boost::X is defined in <boost/X.hpp>. This makes it much
> easier for
> users to remember what headers need to be included.
>
> I think that hash.hpp needs to be a top-level header.

It was my proposal to put it under <boost/functional/hash.hpp>,
on the following rationales:
 * TR1 hash is located on <functional>
 * When John Maddock's Boost.TR1 inititative includes Boost.Hash,
 the naming conventions set up by John suggest that the
 wrapping header will be <boost/tr1/functional>, which is
 more consistent with <boost/functional/hash.hpp> than with
 <boost/hash.hpp> (IMHO).

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo