From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-02 07:49:53

JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z wrote:
> It was my proposal to put it under <boost/functional/hash.hpp>,
> on the following rationales:
> * TR1 hash is located on <functional>
> * When John Maddock's Boost.TR1 inititative includes Boost.Hash,
> the naming conventions set up by John suggest that the
> wrapping header will be <boost/tr1/functional>, which is
> more consistent with <boost/functional/hash.hpp> than with
> <boost/hash.hpp> (IMHO).

I understand the logic, but with my user hat on, I expect boost::hash in
<boost/functional.hpp> (since std::tr1::hash is in <functional>) or in
<boost/hash.hpp> (because it is defined in namespace boost, not in namespace
boost::functional).

<boost/functional/hash.hpp> is neither here nor there, IMO. The rest of the
headers are fine, and placing hash under libs/functional is fine, too.