From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-10 12:00:56

"Rene Rivera" <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> wrote
> Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
> > "Rene Rivera" <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> wrote
> >
> >>After some portability changes to the build files, this is what
> >>compiling on CodeWarrior 8.3 on Windows2K shows...
> >>
> >>...found 669 targets...
> >>...updating 12 targets...
> >>[some warnings]
> >>...updated 12 targets...
> >

> > The warnings should disappear if semicolons are removed from the lines
294,
> > 298, 303.
>
> I know :-)
>
> > I will upload the updated version once I fix some other problems.
>
> Good.. Just holler if you need more testing.
>
> > Also some more questions:
>
> Some of the questions are answered by looking at:

http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/boost-regression/cvs-head/developer/out
put/metacomm-bin-boost-status-config_info-test-cw-8_3-debug-threading-multi.
html
> [http://tinyurl.com/55e52]

I didn't realise it was MetroWerks... No wonder it worked so smoothly -- it
just used native typeof implementation :-)

The emulation can also be tested on this compiler by defining
BOOST_TYPEOF_COMPLIANT, but I don't know how much sense it would make...

> Other answers...
>
> > 1) Does this compiler have a native typeof?
> > 2) Does it have some kind of "GCC mode"? I believe some compiler does,
but
> > I think it was Intel...
>
> If by "GCC mode" you mean, compile like GCC. No. The only "GCC"
> compatibility I know of that it has is configuring it so that it
> searches for includes as GCC does.
>
> > 3) Does it support partial template specialization (I believe all
compilers
> > support it except vc6/7.0)?
> > 4) What portability changes did you make to the build files?
>
> a. [minor] in boost-build.jam you can just use "/" instead of
> "$(SLASH)". BB will deal with it :-) -- Not really a portability issue
> for absolute paths, but it would be if using a relative path.
>
> b. Use "Jamfile", and "Jamrules" instead of "jamfile", and "jamrules".
> Case is important in non-windows platforms.
>
> c. In Jamfile, using "sysinclude" instead of "include". It matters for
> some compilers that make clear distinctions between the two, like CW.
>
> d. In Jamfile, use an "absolute" path instead of < include >../../.. --
> The path will only work if the compiler uses the current directory to
> search from. And will break as soon as someone compiles outside of the
> specific directory.
>
> I'm attaching my version of Jamfile.
>
> > I am just trying to figure out which path the compiler chose... It
would be
> > much simpler if I knew of a portable way to output a message, like
MSVC's
> > pragma:
> >
> > #pragma message("using compliant implementation")
> >
> > Does CodeWarrior have anything similar?
>
> It supports exactly that. CW supports most of the Microsoft "features"
> just so it can deal with windows.h :-)

Thanks,

Arkadiy