From: Iain Hanson (Iain.Hanson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-15 12:13:14

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 09:05 -0700, Robert Ramey wrote:
> My experience in this regard is surprising to me.
>

> I'm amazed to discover that in only ONE single case have any of the
> programmers, managers, etc ever even heard of boost. This group even
> includes an ex head of the computer science department at a top tier
> university !!!

Sadly this is what I would expect. However, I have been surprised by the
number of companies in London ( U.K. ) That have heard of boost. Mostly
in the International banking sector. The most popular library by far has
to be smart_ptrs.

> When I first came upon boost, I was agog at the possibilities it opened up.
> The utiliy and power of the whole was blindingly obvious to to me. As I get
> older, I feel more and more disconnected from the rest of to programming
> world.

I know what you mean. Many programmers are still stuck at the C++ is a
better C stage and very few over here seem to understand or use design
patterns :-(.

/ikh