From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-25 03:34:08

Jeff Garland writes:
> I'm not sure who to ask, so I'll just throw this out there. For the
> 1.33 release I'd like to fix whatever it was that kept date-time
> docs from being included from the 1.32 pdf file. I don't think
> there was a full accounting after 1.32 as to what stopped date-time
> from being included.

No, there wasn't. I remember you asking that and me meaning to reply,
but never got to it -- sorry!

The short asnwer is that it was excluded from Boost-wide PDF due to
formatting issues which affected the whole PDF's representability (TOC
in particular) and which I didn't have time to fix (or wait for
someone else to fix it).

> Given that I am
> still unable to generate a full boost pdf (fails in the fo processing step)

If you meant FO -> PDF stage, then I say "unsurprisingly". FOP is
just not mature enough, at least yet (personally, I question whether
it's even going to be, but that's another story).

> I'm not really able to help diagnose and fix the problem. I'm aware
> that this works for others, so there's something wrong with my
> setup...

I doubt it very much that, given the current toolchain, the
*Boost-wide* PDF generation works for somebody at all, but I'd be
happy to be proved wrong.

> So here's what would be really helpful:
> 1) whomever is going to
> generate the pdf docs would generate and post a pre 1.33 version
> soon

I'll give it a try.

> 2) if there is a problem with date-time we can work on correcting it

Sure.

> 3) we can re-run at least once a week as we put release doc changes
> in

Ditto.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy