From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-04 23:21:15

Hi, everybody

BOOST_FOREACH macro by Eric Niebler is accepted into boost.

 The library was received pretty good by boost community (I counted at least
13 positive reviews). The only two negative reviews based their rejection on
principle: "Macros are evil and so should not be used". While this maybe
interesting point in itself, as I see things now, boost practice supports
using macros where necessary and macro nature of the tool could not be a
compelling enough reason to reject the submission. Would this trend be ever
changed in a future we could change a policy for future submissions.
   While there were not so many specific issues discovered during review, I
would like to list couple:
  * documentation should contain more examples and special pitfalls section
  * testing should be split by compatibility sections
  * it would be good to make this facility work on more compilers

Congratulation Eric for the excellent work and thanks to all the reviewers
for participation.

Gennadiy Rozental
BOOST_FOREACH review manager