From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-05 12:04:07

Stefan Strasser wrote:
> I don't vote because I have not (yet) looked at the library itself,
> but from the review replies so far I'd like to moot that it may be
> too early to include a singleton library which:
>
> - is not MT safe
> - is not tested with shared libraries
> - seems not to be tested with many compilers(...several newer
> compilers...)

The third point is no big deal. A lot of porting often occurs after acceptance.

I agree that MT support is crucial, and that shared library support is very
important, if i is possible. Rather than reject the library because these
problems haven't been addressed, let's try to address them during the review.

Jonathan