From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-26 11:56:02

On 5/26/05, Jeff Flinn <TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Sorry, "location for Windows" has too many overloads for me to know what
> your asking here. What exactly is the problem using C:\boost?

Because when you do a "bjam install" on Windows, thats the default
directory where the header files and libraries are placed. It would
be a bad idea to use the same directory for the source code and the
installation.

I think that if the standard Windows source code distribution (say a
self-extracting Zip file) should extract to boost_<version>. I think
this is alreayd the case. Then we can suggest to folks that they just
extract this in C:\

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com