From: Brian Ravnsgaard Riis (brian_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-28 03:05:40

Bertolt Mildner wrote:
> $PROGRAM_FILES$ is what ever path your system tells you when asked with the
> right Win32 API call?
> (On my german system that would be C:\Programme)

Unfortunately, this will mean "C:\Program Files" by default on English
systems; paths with spaces should IMHO definitely be avoided. Other
localized versions of Windows may have a similar problem.

> Even for libraries this is IMHO the only "right" location to install too
> per default.

Disagree. %PROGRAMFILES% is intended for program files. There is no
"correct" location for development files on Windows. Myself, I have a
"C:\src" directory where all development takes place. (I agree with you
otherwise: Littering the root with directories is Not Nice.)

--
  /Brian Riis