From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-31 15:32:51

Hi All,

I am pleased to formally announce that the Typeof library has been accepted into
Boost.

There were 3 reviews, all in favour of accepting the library.

This has been a slightly odd review in that the implementation and documentation
changed during the review period. However as modifications to the implementation
were mainly to improve compile time performance, which is the major weakness of
the library, I feel that this should not affect the result.

Overall there was a feeling that the documentation could be improved. Following
are some of my comments, though views of others would be welcomed.As I
understand it the documentation is being reworked, so some of these points may
be out of date.

1) The STL support section would be better later. Should there be a formal list
of the stl registration libraries, with their headers. The STL headers would
also be useful as useage examples with links?
2) A note regarding closing namespaces when registering a type (cited by David
Abrahams). and an example in a namespace just to clarify this.
3) Separate examples of each useage with types, templates and values etc (also
cited by David Abrahams). . This section of the documentation is slightly short
IMO.
4) More information regarding incrementing-registration-group. How will separate
inclusions ( eg different order) affect it. eg the index of each type registered
cannot be relied on. In fact a statement regarding anything in the
implementation being subject to change might also be
5) More information regarding the differences from decltype. e.g. is there a way
for the user to simulate decltype more closely, eg by use of remove_reference.

Finally..

Thanks to Arkadiy Vertleyb and Peder Holt for all their work.

regards
Andy Little