From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-31 21:00:26

On Tue, 31 May 2005 11:38:09 -0700, Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote
> Since we seem to be getting close (date anyone?) to the release of
> 1.33, I've changed my testing cycle to 8 times a day to improve
> turnaround for the library authors.

Thx -- that's very helpful -- hope the backend processing can keep up!

> The only remaining failures in
> VC-8_0 are some datetime things (the localtime test is clearly a
> deliberate choice on someone's part to make dates before 1970
> "illegal"). Are there any representatives from either Microsoft or

These are just warnings, you'll note that the test compiles and runs -- until
it blows up like the others...

> Dinkumware here who can explain this decision? Should we mark them
> as "expected failures" (though I'd object to having the block turn
> green simply because _I_ beileve it is an error and should show up
> as such)

I investigated this. What they've done is deprecated the standard interface
because of 'security issues' and invented a new one that is 'safer'. However,
there may be some cost in terms of speed. In any case, I was reluctant to
move away from the standard interface just for this compiler at the last
minute before a release. BTW, I'm pretty sure this happened in the last beta
upgrade b/c I don't remember seeing this b/f.

> the two "input facet" test failures show only:
> Run output [2005-05-31 17:13:49 UTC]:
> EXIT STATUS: 666
>
> not a lot of information for chasing down the actual problem.

Yeah -- I put some debugging code in but to no avail. Any chance you could
trap it in the debugger and send me a stack trace? I didn't pay much
attention earlier since when Carl was running with VC8 for awhile this was all
passing on his machine...

Jeff