From: Sérgio Vale e Pace (svpace.forum_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-20 10:24:55

graphical libraries usually are incompatible and sometimes even
"unusual" for a reason, performance, when you´re processing lots and
lots of points per second, the simple act of calling a non inline
function is too much overhead. Don´t take me wrong I also believe that
a "unique" implementation for points would be great, but such
implementation is not trivial. I´m not sure about the internals of
your implementation, but I implemented something with a similar
interface sometime ago and the overhead caused by the function
forwarding was unacceptable. A template solution was the fastest I
could get, something like:
  point<2, int> my_point;
If you´re intested in it take a look at http://osl.iu.edu/~tveldhui/
especially in the blitz++ library