From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-01 10:06:45

"Vladimir Prus" <ghost_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Beman Dawes wrote:
>
>> While the redesigned Boost home page is informative and visually
>> attractive, it doesn't seem to me to have much marketing punch because it
>> doesn't give a viewer any idea of how useful and successful Boost has
>> become.
>>
>> Thanks to stylesheet help from Rene Rivera, I've drafted a new section
>> (currently entitled "Mini-FAQ") that is supposed to convey the marketing
>> message that Boost is a success and useful to a lot of people.
>>
>> See draft version at http://www.esva.net/~beman/boost-home/index.htm
>>
>> Comments?
>
> I would say that this "Mini-FAQ, probably reformatted and without header,
> should be placed immediately after:
>
> The Boost web site provides free peer-reviewed portable C++ source
> libraries.
>
> sentence. IMO, the remainder of the current "Welcome to boost.org"
> section,
> while correct, presicely lacks "marketing punch".

Ah! Good idea, IMO.

The remainder of the current "Welcome..." section (everything after the
first sentence) could be given a new section title "Goals".

Take a look at http://www.esva.net/~beman/boost-home/index-mod-a.htm and let
me know what you think.

(But ignore spacing and boxes on the right - those are beyond my limited
stylesheet knowledge. Once the content is agreed upon, perhaps Rene can help
make it all look good.)

Thanks,

--Beman