From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-01 08:15:16

Beman Dawes wrote:

> While the redesigned Boost home page is informative and visually
> attractive, it doesn't seem to me to have much marketing punch because it
> doesn't give a viewer any idea of how useful and successful Boost has
> become.
>
> Thanks to stylesheet help from Rene Rivera, I've drafted a new section
> (currently entitled "Mini-FAQ") that is supposed to convey the marketing
> message that Boost is a success and useful to a lot of people.
>
> See draft version at http://www.esva.net/~beman/boost-home/index.htm
>
> Comments?

I would say that this "Mini-FAQ, probably reformatted and without header,
should be placed immediately after:

   The Boost web site provides free peer-reviewed portable C++ source
   libraries.

sentence. IMO, the remainder of the current "Welcome to boost.org" section,
while correct, presicely lacks "marketing punch".

- Volodya