From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-02 04:10:37

"Hickerson, David A" <david.a.hickerson_at_[hidden]> wrote

>I put it on the Boost sand box as vec.zip . The algorithms work and it
> ran on Windows using Borland C++ 4.5/5.0, MS C++ 6.0, and SGI Irix 6.2
> with I think the 7.2 compiler. I added a readme.txt to it to explain a
> little bit about it and ran CppDoc against too, don't know how useful
> that was though.

I have had a quick look. It certainly seems quite useful for operations on 3D
primitives. OTOH boost already has a quaternion.( It would be interesting to
compare the two for efficiency !). The matrix probably covers the same ground
as the tentative boost matrix library MTL. Nevertheless (as shown by the
robotics and graphics policies), geometry has special needs.

IMO What is actually needed most of all for all these libraries to come alive is
a cross-platform engine for output. Trying out a graphics library is much more
friendly with some visual feedback. This would be certainly be good for examples
too. Any such library will need a good set of graphics primitives (such as
lines, curves, shapes, colours etc) too, so I guess that the concepts for at
least some of these should be set out first.

hmm perhaps I should set down my thoughts in more detail too. I think that many
of the essential elements are there in this library, though lacking serious
documentation of course.

Thanks for making it available.

Andy Little