From: Rob Stewart (stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-06 17:26:13

From: Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]>

> Rather than try to reply individually, I've tried to roll everyone's
> comments and suggestions into a modified home page and a new "background"
> page (for managers).
>
> See http://www.esva.net/~beman/boost-home/index.htm
>
> and http://www.esva.net/~beman/boost-home/more/background.html
>
> Comments? Is this heading in the right direction?

Much of the background.html information should be on the home
page and much of the index.htm information should be on a
different page. My point is that the home page should sell Boost
to visitors. They don't need all of the background.html
information at once, but you have to hook them.

Frequent users of boost.org will then bookmark not the home page,
but the page to which the previous home page content is moved.

(I'll worry about grammar and the like later.)