From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-20 10:38:49

Of course that is the question - what does it matter?

Does it matter whether or not the XML in the archive respects some standard?
What is the xml_archive output going to be used for besides serialization -
if anything.

My preference would be that an XML archive be as "conforming" as possible.
In this way, I don't have to mess with it when someone comes up with some
use for it that I didn't forsee.

So its not so much a technical question - any solution can be implemented.
Its just that if I have to go through the work to address the problem, I
would prefer to do it in such a way that it minimizes the need to re-visit
it. That's all