From: Pablo Aguilar (pablo.aguilar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-10 14:22:54

"Andreas Huber" <ahd6974-spamgroupstrap_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> Like Vladimir, I would prefer if the interface is just like the one of
> Boost.Any. For an arbitrary size buffer you'd probably need an additional
> (defaulted) template parameter but that's about it for interface changes.

Oh, we completely agree.. it's just that I didn't get around to changing
things, and didn't actually notice until after I posted. There's a newer
(though still in work) version available here: http://tinyurl.com/9wv28

Christopher is currently looking into a way to fix alignment issues (I
looked at Optional, and it turns out it has the advantage of knowing
beforehand the type it is to store, whereas any can't know that in advance),
so we'll probably have a better version some time later today.

> So, this is more of a "patch" for the Boost.Any *implementation*. Don't
> know
> whether the original author is willing to review such a patch. If not we
> might
> want to schedule a mini-review...
>
> Thoughts?

Could be, we'll see how changes currently in work can be fit into any's
current implementation.

> Regards,
>
> Andreas
>
> --