From: Jose (jmalv04_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-10 16:11:53

See my previous response.

I think a well thought out boost scheduler/multiplexor module is needed.

I would just focus on async network io in linux (preferably using
epoll). Networking is one area where boost should probably have
separate platform solutions so that best performance and elegance are
not compromised.

On top of that, having an acceptor and connector implementation with
basic http examples would go a long way towards advancing in the right
direction.

If you plan to do this then I would gladly use it and provide
feedback. I would wait first for more opinions. I am coming from the
newbie boost user perspective that wants to build networking apps
easily and doesn't need ACE.